20% of Medicare patients are rehospitalized within 30 days. Two-thirds of the adverse events following release and resulting in readmission are drug events.
- Reduce readmissions
- Reduce risk of CMS penalties
- Improve patient transition to outpatient setting
Chronic disease affects 45% of adults in the US—but they take their medication only half the time and 50% of the prescriptions written for chronic diseases are never picked up.
- Increase patient compliance with prescribed therapy – Improve outcomes
- Improve patient self-efficacy and achieve positive behavior change
- Enhance MTM Programs and CMS STAR Measures
Noncompliance costs pharmaceutical companies $30 billion in lost revenues and average adherence rates are only 43-78%.
- Recover product revenues lost due to noncompliance
- Manage adverse events and maintain dose intensity
- Greater speed to market with new drugs through more efficient trials
By 2014, 40% of the US drug spend is expected to be on specialty drugs compared to about 20% today.
- Improve patient safety and operational efficiency
- Increase patient compliance with prescribed therapy
- Manage adverse events and maintain dose intensity for better therapeutic effects
Easy to Use - 100%
Adherence Rate - 98%
Used Daily - 95%
Recommended - 85%
– Patient Satifaction and Experiences